PluginFlipFlop is a tool intended to be used with jBridge/jBridgeM.
Ideally, you should never need this, but I came up with this idea after a terrible live session where my DAW kept hanging/crashing due to a problematic untested combination ( It’s always a bad idea to prepare things the hour before ).
So, I thought it would be useful to have something that could have a second plugin ready to replace one that for some reason stops working, or even try to recover it. I added some extra features while making it, like for example a global console window where you can see notifications about the contained plugin’s status.
What it does:
- Can load VST 2.x plugins inside of it ( only those, currently ).
- Available as a AU/VST fx/synth.
- Can try to recover a crashed plugin ( it will restore the last saved settings in your DAW ). You can also set a 2nd plugin to be switched to if something goes wrong.
- “Auto-crash recovery” should be off. I would recommend that you keep a second plugin ready with the “Auto-switch plugin” option on, and if something goes wrong, manually recover and switch back to the main one. The “Edit” button will become a “Recover” button if needed.
Since JUCE is an awesome library, I was able to easily produce AU and VST versions of this, without having to code everything from scratch ( Just some bits here and there ).
Mac OS X 10.6 and above ( this will open the jBridgeM bridging files folder by default when you press the “Load new” button ):
Windows ( place these in your VST folder, load bridging files with it):
VST2 32bit ( FX ), 2 ins, 2 outs
VST2 64bit ( FX ), 2 ins, 2 outs
VST2 32bit ( Synth ), 0 ins, 2 outs
VST2 64bit ( Synth), 0 ins, 2 outs
- better crash monitoring/recovery procedure.
- now remembers console window size / position.
- should not crash anymore when plugins with more than 2 inputs are added (FX version ).
- eliminated sound noise that could be produced when no plugin was loaded.
- delay compensation added.
- some tweakings in the plugin native editing stuff.
- tempo changes, etc, now set correctly in hosted plugins.
- plugin’s binary data now saved correctly.
- should not crash anymore when plugins with more than 2 outputs are added (synth version ).
- Shell plugins should now be properly supported.
- Up to 1024 automation parameters are now routed into the active plugin